Program Manager is responsible for the coordination, development, and promotion of clinical education activities through the CHRISTUS Academic Institute, which includes fostering and maintaining strategic external relationships to enhance the academic capacity at CHRISTUS Health.
1. Facilitate the development and implementation of a strategic and a business plan for system-wide clinical education aimed to optimize the investment of CHRISTUS Health in clinical education and training of medical students and education of physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals.
2. Work collaboratively with system and regional leaders to achieve the objectives of the CHRISTUS Health clinical education and training programs.
3. Serve as the CHRISTUS Health liaison with academic institutions to develop and support appropriate undergraduate, graduate, certification, and continuing medical and nursing education programs and activities.
4. Manage all affiliation agreements and contracts for clinical education and training programs.
5. Responsible for working collaboratively with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) "Designated Institutional Official" (DIO) who will have authority and responsibility for oversight and administration of all GME programs across CHRISTUS Health.
6. In collaboration with the VP and System Nursing Officer and Talent Management, provide oversight of the development and delivery of clinical education programs and curricula for CHRISTUS Health employed and contracted clinical staff.
7. Assist financial services to maintain all necessary records necessary for GME reimbursement as mandated by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
8. Prepare reports regarding progress, effectiveness and outcomes of CHRISTUS Health clinical education and training efforts in accordance with federal and institutional guidelines. Present this information to leadership, staff and the community as requested.
9. Represent the organization at professional conferences and committees as required.
10. Demonstrates full support of the CHRISTUS Health Mission, Values and Vision. Uses position and job responsibilities as a unique means for integrating values into the work process and for making a positive contribution to the organization's culture and climate.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED
Strong skills with Microsoft products (Excel, Word and Power Point).
Strong communication skills that are adaptable depending on the stakeholder.
Three (3) years experience or more in a university, medical school, or complex academic health center environment
Two (2) years experience or more in clinical education and training
Working knowledge of rules and regulations governing GME
Experience in working with accreditation agencies such as ACGME, etc.
Experience with strategic planning in research and/or academics preferred.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.