If you are looking for an exciting and challenging leadership opportunity, join the team of Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute. This joint venture hospital is a partnership between Atlantic Health and Kindred Healthcare. The new facility will offer all-private rooms, supporting both enhanced clinical efficiency and elevated patient experience. The higher acuity of patients in facilities across Atlantic Health System and growth in trauma cases has resulted in more patients requiring inpatient rehabilitation services prior to returning home. The combination of Kindred's expertise and a modern, state-of-the-art facility will allow Atlantic Health System to maximize its ability to serve a growing population of patients with critical needs.
This brand new, 38-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be opening in the Summer of 2019 and we are seeking an energetic, creative and experienced hospital Chief Clinical Officer to join our team now and help us meet the growing demand for intensive rehabilitation services.
Directs and coordinates functions and activities of nursing department and assigned clinical operation departments. Consults with and advises Chief Executive Officer on the general operation of the hospital. Develops nursing and clinical department's goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures. Organizes nursing and clinical departments according to administrative and nursing service guidelines; ensures compliance with legal, organizational, and medical staff standards. Has authority and responsibility for establishing, directing, and implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice and the clinical operations and financial matters related to all nursing and clinical care areas and functions.
· Participates in planning and creating the hospital's strategic, operational, service design and other organizational plans and policies to achieve the mission and vision of the hospital.
· Plans and develops departmental budgets, revenue, capital and operational expenses, sufficient number of staff, and any other plans for allocation of fiscal or other resources according to the scope of services provided.
· Develops, designs and provides for a written scope of services, departmental policies and procedures that guide and support the provision and integration of services according to mission and vision of the hospital.
· Directs the coordination and integration of departmental services with other departments and the hospital's primary functions.
· Communicates the hospital's mission, vision, and plans with staff that guides them in their day-to-day activities. Promotes and motivates staff members to implement department and hospital operational, programmatic and other plans.
· Recommends and determines the sufficient number of staff to provide services and defines qualifications, performance expectations and competence of each person.
· Provides for orientation, in-service training, continuing education, annual performance and competency reviews of department personnel to ensure staff is competent to provide services.
· Participates in hospital and departmental performance improvement activities to measure and assess the quality of services provided.
Education: Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, or clinical specialty. Master's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements. Licenses/Certification: Registered Nurse in the state. Experience: Minimum of five years' experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years' experience at a senior nursing management level. Minimum of five years' experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment. Graduate level education may substitute on a year-to-year basis for the required experience. Job : Clinical Operations Primary Location : NJ-Madison-Atlantic Rehab Institute Organization : 4090 - Atlantic Rehab Institute Shift : Day