Providence is calling a Full Time, Day shift Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Work under the supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (i.e. Medical Technologist), to provide technical, clerical and patient support services.
- May perform clinical laboratory examinations classified as waived or of moderate complexity under CLIA, and may report test results.
- Shall not perform microscopic analysis or immunohematology procedures.
- A medical laboratory technician may perform a variety of procedures including specimen processing and distribution, and the operations and maintenance of automated instrumentation, up to but not including the releasing of laboratory results.
- Service is provided to all age groups: infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Non-technical duties include maintaining supply inventories.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current CA Medical Laboratory Technician License.
- Frequent prolonged, standing/walking.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- AA or AS degree from an accredited institution in the field of Medical Laboratory Technology, or equivalent.
- Two years in the health care field in related work preferred.
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 151624