Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Patient Registration Representative \(0\.4 FTE, Evening Shift\) to work in the Patient Registration at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
Swedish is looking for a customer focus, detail oriented, Patient Registration Representative\. This position is responsible and accountable for the coordination of information and support needed for the flow of patients in the Swedish Medical Center environment\.
In this position you will:
- Provide front line customer service including reception and registration
- Interview patients and family to obtain required demographic and financial data, completing consents, and collecting valuables and deposits
- Assist patients requesting financial assistance through financial aid programs, processing all necessary paperwork
- Participate in quality improvement activities of the Medical Center and Emergency Department
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- CPR Certification
- Previous Patient Registration or financial counseling or insurance and medical terminology experience
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Ten\-Key
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's degree
- Two years experience in a medical setting with inpatient or outpatient admitting preferred
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 151657