Providence is calling a Medical Assistant - Certified (Valley Young People Clinic, Full Time) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Interview patients, measure vital signs and accurately record information in the medical record. Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers (with designated protocols), dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
- Assure the patient and room is appropriately prepared and/or prepped for the planned exam or procedure. Clean exam/procedure rooms between patient visits to maintain infection control. Also, sterilize instruments, equipment and surfaces.
- Consistently demonstrate correct handling of procedure specimens per provider orders, including appropriate identification, labeling, dating and disposal of the specimen.
- Perform in-house testing, procedures and injections/immunizations as directed by provider, always following correct techniques and procedures.
- Document all appropriate patient interaction to include but not limited to: activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, phone calls/conversations etc. in the medical record.
- Provide care team coverage including, answering phones, scheduling appointments, and checking in (or out) patients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of a Washington State recognized medical assistant training program
- Active Interim Certificate or Active Medical Assistant Certified through Washington State; required by date of hire
- If in Active Interim Certification Status, applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire
- If in Pending Credentialing Status with the state, may hire with no more than 90 days grace period. Assigned duties are limited to WAC 246-827-0100
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited) obtained within 90 days of hire
- Urgent Care staff required to have BLS upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year previous experience in a physician office or clinic setting
- Customer Service experience
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: Washington-Spokane Valley
Req ID: 151780