When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email . An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
The Associate Chair, Hospital Medicine for the Division of Hospital Medicine (DHM) assists the DHM Chair with development and mentorship of faculty, leads quality improvement initiatives, oversees scheduling, and performs others duties as assigned by the Division Chair. Other responsibilities include working as an attending physician hospitalist providing comprehensive care to inpatients of Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS) hospitals, supervising house staff and teaching medical students at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County (JSH), and participation in CCHHS approved projects and/or committees.
· Participates in the onboarding, orientation, enculturation, and faculty development training for early and mid-career faculty.
· Leads the DHM's Quality Improvement (QI) efforts and initiatives: Includes being the divisional point-person for QI projects requested by the JSH, Department of Medicine, or Health System leadership
· Organizes and/or leading faculty development workshops & efforts within the Division which will improve the ability of hospitalist to administer exceptional patient care and help meet system related goals and initiatives.
· Handles the construction, oversight and maintenance of all inpatient and service line schedules for DHM hospitalists and Department of Medicine internists working in CCHHS hospitals.
· Serves as an attending physician hospitalist on inpatient clinical services in JSH and Provident Hospital of Cook County (PHCC).
· Supervises and leads inpatient clinical teams comprised of House Staff and Medical Students Supervises and provides clinical education for house staff and medical students rotating on hospitalists clinical services.
· Develops, revises and implements the DHM policy and procedure manual.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Division Chair or delegate.
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (D.O.) from an accredited college or university
Licensed as a Physician and Surgeon in the State of Illinois or the ability to obtain prior to starting employment
Illinois and Federal controlled substance license or the ability to obtain prior to starting employment
Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or have the ability to obtain prior to starting employment
Five (5) years of experience as an attending physician in an academic setting
Three (3) years of experience in administering clinical, educational or quality improvement programs in Hospital Medicine
Experience developing or reviewing and updating policy and procedure documents
Experience with formal leadership training as evidenced by Chief Medicine Residency, Fellowship training or a Master's degree
Experience with construction and maintenance of physician schedules
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Knowledge of hospitalist physician programs and services
Knowledge of inpatient quality improvements processes and the ability to implement them
Excellent program development, management. and leadership skills
Current knowledge of the principles and methods of hospital medicine to ensure quality and standards of care.
Knowledge of the principles and methods of training medical staff to ensure standards of care
Demonstrated experience in training faculty and/or residents in the application of quality improvement techniques to patient care
Strong supervisory and leadership skills necessary to oversee attending physicians
Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
Strong interest and skills in the practice of hospital medicine
Strong interest and skills in medical education
Demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking. and conflict management/resolution skills
Strong organizational skills and mastery of a content domain, as demonstrated by successful quality improvement initiative or program execution
Ability to treat acutely ill patients in an inpatient setting
Strong ability to mentor and develop medical professionals
Strong ability to manage schedules, budget and personnel
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County. CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.