The Certified Nursing Assistant is qualified to attend to the basic patient care needs performing duties as indicated by the responsibilities outlined in this job description under direct supervision of the unit charge person. The Nursing Assistant is trained in the delivery of age appropriate care by hospital policy. He or she performs assigned tasks in accordance with the hospital's philosophy, values, standards, policies and procedures.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
1. ASSISTS NURSING IN CARRYING OUT THE NURSING PLAN OF CARE.
2. Vital signs are completed and reported to nursing within 1 hour of scheduled time.
3. I/O's are collected and reported to nursing 30 minutes prior to end of shift.
4. Assists nursing in the monitoring of patients.
5. Notifies nurse of any significant changes in patient condition promptly.
6. Assists in maintenance of patient records.
7. Performs vital signs of patients in the Heart Failure clinic.
8. Obtain and record patient weight and height as indicated.
9. Helps Cardiovascular Service Line peers to achieve strategic goals.
10. Participates in activities associated with Heart Failure and Chest Pain Accreditation.
11. Cross-trained to perform secretary duties, ECGs, and/or EEGs as directed.
12. PERFORMS CLERICAL DUTIES RELATED TO PROCEDURES, AS THEY RELATE TO THE PATIENT CARE UNIT.
13. Assists in ordering, retrieving, and checking food trays as appropriate.
14. Ensures that all charts are supplied with appropriate forms for documentation.
15. Relays messages to appropriate caregiver within 5-10 minutes of receiving message.
16. Prioritizes orders in the order entry system in a timely and accurate manner.
17. Performs light housekeeping duties such as cleaning chairs, IV poles, and other equipment as required.
18. Assists patients to restroom as needed.
19. HELPS TO PROMOTE STEWARDSHIP OF RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT OF CARE
20. Returns all equipment to SPD as necessary.
21. Assists with the monitoring of refrigerator / freezer logs.
22. Cleans refrigerator, microwave and other areas when indicated
23. Maintains the integrity of the Pyxis Machine and inventory through pushing the "take" button.
24. Is respectful of linen supplies and mindful of appropriate usage of pads, etc.
25. Protects the environment of the patient care area as well as the hospital campus from vandalism and litter.
26. Consistently uses appropriate "scripting' as instructed when communicating with patients and their families.
27. Models service excellence in caring for patients providing "above and beyond" service consistently exceeding patients and families expectations.
28. Strives to anticipate the needs of patients and takes initiative to meets / exceed patient's needs or wishes. .
29. Acts as a "team player" assisting co-workers regularly when time permits.
Certified Nursing Assistants providing direct patient care are required to be a certified nursing assistant or successfully completed a basic fundamental nursing clinical rotation. EMT's may be hired as Techs in ER or as Telemetry Techs.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.