As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the Pharmacy Intern shall prepare, dispense and distribute medication and provide clinical monitoring and drug information in a manner, which ensures optimal patient care.
•Current Delaware Pharmacy Intern License Proof of license is required within 30 days from start date.
•Enrolled in an accredited pharmacy school.
**Required educational levels call for proof at time of hire.
•Previous pharmacy experience preferred
•Knowledge and experience in UD, I.V. additives and therapeutics
•Computer skills required
•Ability to communicate effectively with hospital staff and patients.
• Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, reviews and interprets prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients using computerized patient profiles to ensure the appropriateness of dosage and to determine the significance of potential drug-drug interaction.
• Under direct supervision of a pharmacist, contact and confers with physicians concerning the appropriate drug, dose, dosing interval, drug allergy and drug-drug interaction.
• Prepares and dispenses appropriate amount of inpatients and outpatient medication under supervision of a pharmacist.
• Fill automated dispensing machines and delivers patient medications accurately.
• Conducts I.V. rounds and under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, prepares I.V. additives using aseptic techniques in the laminar air flow hood.
• Prepares the admixtures chemotherapy using aseptic and safe technique in type II safety hood under direct pharmacist supervision.
• Organizes out dated or overstocked medications to return to manufactures or wholesaler for credit.
• Files documents and records.
•Under supervisor of a pharmacist, monitor selected patient’s drug therapy to ensure effective therapy.
•Conducts monthly nursing unit and pharmacy inspections when necessary.
•Attends at least one Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee meeting
•Maintains a clean working environment.
•Assists manager in developing and implementing new programs and policies and procedures; actively participates in gathering accurate data for quality assurance issues, clinical pharmacy documentation, DUE and ADR.
•Performs other job related duties as assigned by the pharmacist or Pharmacy Manager.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is a pediatric health system of hospitals and specialty clinics serving children and families throughout the Delaware Valley and Florida. Our dedicated professionals integrate medical care, research, health education, and prevention to help improve the lives of children every day.