Supports patients and providers within the outpatient setting by performing basic direct patient care activities. Travel may be required to support regional staffing needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drawing, labelling and preparing blood specimens will be require for this position.
• Obtains and accurately documents patient information.
• Accompanies providers and care team members during patient examinations and assists as directed.
• Provides support and assistance to patients as needed.
• Reinforces patient instructions to enhance patient understanding.
• Collects and prepares lab specimens, and completes associated paperwork, forms, and documentation to expedite laboratory studies with accuracy and efficiency.
• Reports patient concerns and questions to appropriate care team member and follows through as directed.
• Reports all patient safety incidents or issues, patient and family complaints, serious events, environmental hazards immediately to supervisor. Provides onsite service recovery as applicable or as delegated by supervisor.
• Completes Midas reports as per policy.
• Checks for expired items and removes expired supplies from inventory.
• Assists in maintaining clean and organized work environment.
• Cleans equipment and routinely inspects condition and operation of equipment as appropriate to scope of role.
• Cleans and prepares exam rooms between patients. Assures adequate stock of supplies and equipment in rooms. Performs high level disinfection or sterilization per policy and procedure.
• Draw, label and prepare blood specimens for testing
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Communication Skills, Multi-Tasking Skills, Team Player, Customer Service Skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent -Required
Minimum of 1 year Related work experience -Preferred
Basic Life Support Certification
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.